AMERICAN MULE ASSOCIATION
A California Nonprofit Corporation
As Amended January 1, 2016
Principal Office and Purpose
Section 1. Principal Office – The principal office for the transaction of the business of the corporation shall be located in the County of Fresno, State of California.
Section 2. Principal Purposes
- The specific and primary purposes for which this association is formed are:
- To encourage the development of and public interest in mules, through the promotion and sponsorship of public mule contests, including education of the general public regarding the history, breeding, raising and other information regarding mules.
- To establish an association for the prevention of cruelty to mules and other animals and to foster interest in and appreciation of the mule breed.
- To encourage the scientific development and scientific breeding of finer mules.
- To provide for community recreation through the sponsorship of contests, races and exhibition of mules.
- To set up rules for mule contests, races and exhibitions; and to standardize election and equipment of judges and directors or spokesmen for such functions.
- To encourage public interest in all factors as may pertain to the history, breeding, exhibition, publicity, sale, raising or improvement of the mule breed.
- The general purposes and powers are:
- To promote, foster, and encourage community and individual participation in recreational activities.
- To cooperate and coordinate with other agencies, both public and private in order to perform services of the corporation, and to affiliate with any other such organizations whose purposes and aims are consistent with those of this corporation.
- To receive contributions of all types from individuals, organizations, corporations, government agencies, and others to support the purposes of the corporation.
- To acquire and dispose of, by deed, grant, contract, condemnation proceedings, purchase, lease, mortgage, trust, agreement, power, or otherwise and to hold, possess, hypothecate, pledge, or dedicate any and all property, real, personal, and mixed wheresoever situated, incidental to the purposes set forth in the Articles of Incorporation.
- To take such other action as may be approved by the Board of Directors of the corporation as incidental to the purposes set forth in the Articles of Incorporation.
- Notwithstanding any of the above statements of purposes and powers, this corporation shall not, except to an insubstantial degree, engage in any activities or exercise any powers that are not in furtherance of the primary purpose of this corporation.
- To do all other acts necessary or expedient for the administration of the affairs and attainment of the purposes of the corporation except such powers as are specifically denied to nonprofit corporations.